How to submit your abstract
- Read the following section to ensure your abstract falls into the conference's Learning Objectives
- Read the Terms and Conditions for submitting an abstract
- Check the box at the bottom of the page, agreeing to the Terms and Conditions and click 'Continue to Abstract Submission'
To have your abstract evaluated for presentation at the 10th Medication Safety Conference 2017, you must submit your abstract no later than the 16th of August 2017.
Any abstract received after this date will not be reviewed.
- Medication Reconciliation
- Health Technology Assessment
- Pharmacy Practice Module Inititiave
- Pharmacy Benefits Management
- Antimicrobial Sterwardship
- Expanding the scope of Pharmacy Management
- Pharmacy Infomatics and Technology
Who should submit an abstract?
- Healthcare Policy Makers
- Risk Managers
- Healthcare Interns & Residents
Terms and Conditions
Oral and Poster Presentations :
- Abstracts will be selected for oral or poster presentation, to be determined by conference scientific committee.
- Oral presentations will include a 10-minutes presentation by one of the abstract authors. Presenters will be limited to a maximum of 15 slides. All oral presentations will be followed by questions from the audience.
- Posters will be presented from the 27th - 28th of October. Authors will be assigned a time period during which they are expected to be with their poster to answer questions from meeting attendees.
- Posters must be A1 size (59cm width x 84cm length)
- Abstracts should be 250 words in length excluding list of references.
- Any acronyms in the title must be spelled out accurately.
General Terms and Conditions
- Authors must demonstrate rigorous scientific methods were employed during the research period.
- Authors must demonstrate whether or not the research conducted was in any way supported by commercial organizations, including any grants or in-kind donations.
- Do not include acknowledgements or brand names in your abstract.
- If you wish to present, one of the abstract authors will be required to register for the event on or before 10th of October 2017 after which your presentation will be cancelled; registering for the event is a separate and independent process.
- Letters regarding the acceptance/rejection will be emailed to the presenting author by the 1st of September 2017. Rejected abstracts will not be reconsidered. Abstracts submitted on paper or by fax will not be accepted.
- Abstracts without clear relevance to the event's learning objectives will not be reviewed or considered.
- An author may submit up to two (2) abstracts. Any additional abstracts will not be reviewed.
Criteria for a Successful Abstract
- Presentation Balance: Abstracts should not promote commercial services, companies or products.
- Relevance: Abstracts should provide material that is relevant to the conference's learning objectives and suggested topics above.
- Scientific Quality: Abstracts should provide a detailed description of the scientific methods employed during your research (purpose, methods, results, conclusion)
- Appropriate Use of Language: Abstracts should be presented using scientific terminology and maintain clarity.
Common Reasons for Rejection
- Promotion of commercial services, companies or products.
- Lack of originality in research.
- Lack of sufficient data.
- Poor explanation of methodologies employed during research.
- Re-submitting the same abstract.
- Lack of adherence to Terms, Conditions and Guidelines.
- Submitting more than two (2) abstracts
We require that all cancellations for abstract presentations are made in writing, no later than 24th of August 2017 and that cancellations be made by the primary author only.
Please send cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
I accept the terms and conditions of abstract submissions.